Monday, September 29, 2008

One month down

I am not sure that a whole month has gone by since I have returned to training. Life is flying by right now. My workouts are getting increasingly harder, but I am still feeling fresh and ready to do them. I went through a monthly bike fitness test with a nice gain. I ended up racing one of the local triathletes through a series of 4 mile repeats @ 6:20. All of this done without too much fatigue. I have been tring to ease into the month because of the all too common fear of injury. These past few years have been the most injury free I have ever experienced and they contain some of the most intense training I have ever done.

October is going to be challenging for me. I will be traveling for 2 out of 4 weekends. It is all too easy to forget that I do triathlons to keep myself sane. I will try to move around some of my bike workouts and focus on the runs during my travels. The trips are too short and too full to even imagine bringing my bike.





Ah my bike, It has been with me through a lot, but before IM CdA, I will be riding a new steed. I have not decided what to get, but rest assured I am excited about the selection process. I am already looking forward to taking the new bike out and pedaling as fast as I can, just like my son showing me how fast he can run with his new shoes.

JTG

No comments: