Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Moving right along

One week down and whole lot more to go. This past week was a good one for me. I was able to get in some pretty consistent workouts and felt pretty good doing them. My swim is starting to come back into form. I do not have the speed nor the form that I used to, but it is feeling easier to get myself up and down the lanes everyday. Sometimes, I wish I had continued to swim as a little kid. I might be one of those guys at my next race who can move through the water in an effortless fashion. I guess I will be happy with moving kinda quick in the waterwith a fair amount effort.

As for my bike, I did my real first back to back hard days of biking and my legs are still reminding me about it. I am trying to continually push my upper limits during those rides and believe it is going to pay off in the end. I really wish that I could get an extended time of temperature over 40f so that I could get outside.

Lastly, my run.....well it is even better than before. I said it before, but it is weird to be running faster at age 37, than I did in the years following college. I ran, not so well, for a Division III college during the early 90's. Thanks in part to living in a house with 50 guys and little supervision, I was not as dedicated as I could have been. Today, I find myself running just off some of my collegiate times, wondering what could have been if I had just applied myself. I think I can hear my coach saying those very words.

Honestly though, I would not change one single thing. I'll take being an OK swimmer, a descent biker and a competive runner. Sure, I could have focused a little more on athletics, but then I might not have been apart of four incredible years, living with my best friends, witnessing some of the most amazing things you could ever imagine. That is a tale for another time.

Staying focused,


JTG

No comments: